Hosts for seminar speakers are responsible for the following:
- Inviting the Speaker
- Seminar invitations are extended well in advance, and the date is locked in by the host in communication with the potential speaker. For email invitation examples, please email email@example.com
- Once the invitation is confirmed, the host enters the date on the PMB Seminar Calendar and the host's work is done -- until a week before the seminar.
One week before the Speaker's arrival the host should:
- Get in contact with the Speaker and arrange pick-up at the hotel the morning of the seminar day.
- Share speaker's appointment calendar with the speaker and make sure s/he gets to his/her appointments throughout the day.
- Set up a dinner for Wednesday night. Up to 6 guests, including the speaker and host, may attend. Meals may not go over $81/person. Meal reimbursement informations here.
PMB Support Staff Responsibilities
At this point, PMB Administrative staff will take over and do the following:
- Arrange the speaker's travel, including air and hotel stay.
- Keep in touch with the speaker, get the title of the seminar and create individual seminar flyers and a poster for the semester.
- Publicize the seminar on UC Berkeley calendar and our website.
- Announce the seminar to relevant speaker lists.
Internet access for speaker
Any questions about your role as a Host? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.