UPDATE: Please Use the New Direct Entry System for Travel and Entertainment
Campus directions can be found HERE (link is external)(link is external) and PMB specific directions are HERE.
Once you finish the report and before you submit it, please send it to Rachel Kallett (firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)) for approval and chartstring, if needed.
T&E Reimbursement Process for Students
Please see below for the specific process to get reimbursed:
- Reimbursement for taking Seminar Speaker to lunch or dinner.
- Reimbursement for Grad Student Weekend - mileage, meals or supplies.
- Reimbursement for a lab or the department.
1. Seminar Speaker Lunch or Dinner Reimbursement
- An itemized receipt is required for reimbursement. Some restaurants do not automatically provide this, but they usually can provide one if you ask for it.
- Proof of payment is required. The university requires this to ensure that we are reimbursing the person who actually paid for the meal. Additionally, if your tip is hand-written in on the receipt, you will still need to provide proof of payment to confirm the total paid (bank statement). If your receipt has all expenses (including tip), your name, and the last four digits of your credit card printed on it, that counts for proof of payment. Otherwise, a copy of this transaction from your credit card website will also work (please make sure your home address and all but the last 4 digits of your credit card number are blacked out).
- The lunch reimbursement limit is currently $45 per person, including tax and tip. This is usually not a problem for the speaker lunches, but please do keep this limit in mind.
- We cannot reimburse for spouses or family members of students/staff/faculty (including those who work at UCB) without an exception. It is easiest just to keep the guest list limited to people specifically affiliated with PMB, but if you have a special circumstance, please let me know and we can talk about how to handle it.
For exceptions and additional questions please contact PMB Front Desk at email@example.com
2. Reimbursement for Grad Student Weekend
- For entertainment reimbursements, the process is the same as "1. Seminar Speaker Lunch or Dinner Reimbursement" above.
- Please make sure to submit a detailed attendee list, numbered and in alphabetical order - as host be sure to include your own name
- Attach a separate list if more than 10 guests unless impractical due to open nature of the event.
- For travel reimbursements, such as mileage or gas, please see Direct Entry for Travel Reimbursements.
3. Reimbursement for a Lab or the Department
- Spending for a lab or the department should be approved either by the PI or PMB Department Manager.
- Please keep all receipts for processing.
For the most up-to-date information on the reimbursement process, please visit: sharedservices.berkeley.edu/finance/t-e-reimbursements/
Please contact PMB Front Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, 510.642.9999.