This page is dedicated to the PMB Saftey Committee
Mandate: To comply with state injury and illness prevention statutes, the campus requires every department to have a safety committee. The law requires that safety committees meet at least quarterly and have minutes recorded and kept on file. Meetings should include the following activities:
• Setting schedules for regular inspections of workspaces and reviewing inspection findings.
• Reviewing recent accidents; establishing or reviewing preventive measures and any correction deadlines.
• Addressing safety suggestions or complaints.
• Reviewing and investigating reports of hazardous conditions and coordinating corrections.
• Submitting suggestions to department management for safety program improvements.
• Developing and maintaining a system to communicate with others in the department regarding safety issues, such as with posters, fliers, or suggestion boxes
Authority: The Chair of the PMB Saftey Committee is: Professor Anastasios MELIS <email@example.com>
Call the Office of Environment, Health & Safety at 642-3073 for more information and assistance in establishing or reinvigorating a department safety committee. Existing and new committees are also welcome to call for advice or reference materials or to enlist the help of EH&S staff to address a specific concern. EH&S staff are also available to attend safety committee meetings.
Link to Minutes